Due to the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement Ontario and the federal government signed on March 24, 2014, employers can invest in their workforces. The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides direct financial support to employers who want to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees, and will:
* Provide up to CAD 10,000 (10,000 Canadian dollars) in government support per person for training costs
* Require employers to contribute one-third of the total costs (there is flexibility for small businesses to provide an in-kind contribution to their share of the costs)
* Require training to be delivered by an eligible third-party trainer
DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University offers programs eligible for the COJG:
* Disney’s Approach to Employee Engagement (one day, CAD 695 + HST [Harmonized Sales Tax]) – Focuses on how to intentionally design processes that reinforce the desired culture, through employee selection, training, and engagement as well as high-quality communication and genuine care
* Digital Innovation and Leadership (choose one to three 2-day programs, CAD 1,695 – CAD 4,322.25) – Available programs include Leveraging Information Systems for Strategic Success; Establishing an Innovation Culture; Data Security, Privacy and Cloud Computing in Mission Critical Systems: Lessons from Healthcare; Strategic Tends in Data Analytics: What Comes Next?; Talent Management: Data Analytics and HRM; and Evidence Based Pricing for Profit.
* Executive Management Program (choose one to five 1-day programs) – Available programs include Best Practices in Strategy Execution: Method + Mindset; Coaching Skills for Leaders; Creative and Innovative Problem Solving – an Introduction to Design Thinking; Developing a Thriving Workplace Culture; Emotional Intelligence for Leaders; Fundamentals of Finance for Decision Making; High Impact Strategic Planning; Influence & Leadership Presence; Motivating for Results; Performance Management; The Human Side of Organizational Change; The Mindful Leader; and V.I.P Leadership.
For additional information on DeGroote School of Business programs, visit their Web site.
For more information on the Canada-Ontario Job Grant, visit them online.
Albert & Company International, Inc. is a one-stop shop for Executive Development and talent management. Our vision is to help individuals gain the knowledge they need to excel, thereby increasing their efficiency and productivity, leading to better organizational growth. For more information on this and many other courses in our extensive Executive Education database, the most comprehensive and complete of its kind, visit us on the Web at http://albertconsulting.com, or email us at email@example.com.