The African Exponent, an online source for African news and analysis in the fields of business, culture, finance, markets, politics, and science and technology, recently shared its list of the 10 best business schools in Africa. They are as follows:
1. Lagos Business School – Nigeria – Offers management programs as well as academic and executive programs, including full-time MBA courses.
2. Gordon Institute of Business Science – South Africa – Flagship programs for this affiliate of the University of Pretoria include MBA, Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PDBA), and Doctor of Business Administration (DBA/Ph.D.). It also offers both short and extended executive programs and custom, company-specific programs.
3. American University in Cairo School of Business – Egypt – Offers open enrollment and custom executive education programs, with the mission of developing entrepreneurial and responsible global leaders.
4. University of Dar es Salaam Business School – Tanzania – Offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs and training in business, entrepreneurship, and management.
5. Makerere University Business School – Uganda – Provides business and management education at the certificate, diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate levels.
6. Wits Business School – South Africa – As part of the Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management at the University of Witwatersrand, it offers the Senior Executive Programme (in partnership with Harvard Business School), as well as MBA and other master’s courses, and short programs.
7. Strathmore Business School – South Africa – This is the graduate business school of Strathmore University (based in Nairobi, Kenya) and offers MBA, other postgraduate programs, and executive education programs. It began in 2005 as a partnership between Strathmore University and IESE Business School.
8. University of Ghana Business School – Ghana – Offers undergraduate, master’s and Ph.D. programs through its Department of Accounting, Department of Finance, Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship, and Department of Operation and Management Information Systems.
9. HEM Business School – Morocco – This private business school trains business managers and offers master’s degrees and an MBA with specializations in Accounting Control Audit, Business Finance, Industrial Management, and Marketing.
10. United States International University – Africa Business School – Kenya – Provides master’s degrees, including the MBA, Executive Master of Science in Organizational Development, and Global Executive Master of Business Administration.
For additional information on these schools, visit The African Exponent Web site or each school’s homepage.
Albert & Company International, Inc. is a unique consultancy and Web publishing service for Executive Development and Advanced Management. Our vision is to help individuals gain the knowledge they need to excel, thereby increasing their efficiency and productivity, leading to better organizational growth. For more information on this and many other courses in our extensive Executive Education database, the most comprehensive and complete of its kind, visit us on the Web at http://albertconsulting.com, or email us at email@example.com.