Oak Foundation, a family-led organization, provides grants that address issues of global, social, and environmental concern, especially those that impact the disadvantaged.
Major programs focus on the following issues/areas of concern:
* Environment – Building a clean energy future, maintaining the health of the oceans, and stopping the illegal trade in wildlife (43 grants totaling $42.21 million in 2017)
* Child Abuse – Preventing the sexual abuse and exploitation of children (46 grants totaling $19.72 million in 2017)
* Housing and Homelessness – Improving the economic and social well-being of marginalized youth, adults, and families (35 grants totaling $24.10 million in 2017)
* International Human Rights – Protecting and promoting the human rights of all people (55 grants totaling $25.16 million in 2017)
* Issues Affecting Women – Building strong and vibrant women’s movements that protect women from violence and tackle the root causes of inequality (29 grants totaling $18.20 million in 2017)
* Learning Differences – Helping students with learning differences reach their full potential (12 grants totaling $10.93 million in 2017)
* Special Interest – Reflecting the interest of trustees – making innovative and challenging grants that cover a range of fields, including health, humanitarian relief, education, and the arts (51 grants totaling $46.49 million in 2017)
Other programs focus on Brazil, India, Denmark, and Zimbabwe.
Oak Foundation’s main office is located in Geneva, Switzerland, and they have other offices: in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States; the United Kingdom; India; and Bulgaria.
For more information on Oak Foundation, visit their Web site.
Albert & Company International, Inc. is a unique consultancy and Web publishing service for Executive Development and Advanced Management. Our vision is to help individuals gain the knowledge they need to excel, thereby increasing their efficiency and productivity, leading to better organizational growth. For more information on this and many other courses in our extensive Executive Education database, the most comprehensive and complete of its kind, visit us on the Web at http://albertconsulting.com, or email us at email@example.com.