INSEAD is offering its Blue Ocean Strategy program this week, February 7 – 10, 2017, in Miami, Florida.
Offering a new perspective on strategy formulation and execution, this program teaches the tools, concepts, and frameworks of the Blue Ocean Strategy theory created by Professors W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne. Participants will learn how to create “blue oceans” of uncontested market space, to help make the competition irrelevant.
Topics of this program include:
How Blue is Your Ocean Assessment
* Analyzing the “As-Is” situation facing one’s business
* Drawing the “As-Is” strategic canvas of the business
* Evaluating the range of industry assumptions and the cost implications
* Contrasting the outcome of a “blue ocean” analysis with the outcome of a “red ocean” perspective
Foundations of Blue Ocean Strategy
* Identifying “red” and “blue” oceans
* How to achieve “value innovation”
* Reconstructing market boundaries to break away from the competition
* Analytic tools, including “Strategy Canvas” and “Eliminate-Reduce-Raise-Create Framework”
Review and Critique of Competitive Strategy
* Evaluating tools and concepts of traditional competitive strategy
Implementing Blue Ocean Strategy
* Exploring the two key approaches central to implementing Blue Ocean Strategy quickly and at low cost while winning the support of employees
* Understanding tipping point leadership
* Using fair process in facilitating the execution of a Blue Ocean Strategy for one’s organization
Creating New Market Space
* Unlocking new demand in a market
* Understanding the three tiers of non-customers
* Using the Six Paths Framework to reconstruct market boundaries
Looking for One’s Own Blue Ocean
* Using various tools and frameworks and taking advantage of the diverse perspectives of fellow participants
The program will also be offered May 29 – June 1, 2017 and October 16 – 19, 2017 at INSEAD’s campus in Fontainebleau, France.
For more information on the INSEAD Blue Ocean Strategy program, visit the INSEAD Web site.
Albert & Company International, Inc. is a one-stop shop for Executive Development, talent management, and prime examples of change-agent leadership. Our vision is to help individuals gain the knowledge they need to excel, thereby increasing their efficiency and productivity, leading to better organizational growth. For more information on this and many other courses in our extensive Executive Education database, the most comprehensive and complete of its kind, visit us on the Web at http://albertconsulting.com, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.